From whence Lisp envy?

Steve stevesusenet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 22:25:27 EST 2002

m.faassen at vet.uu.nl (Martijn Faassen) wrote in message news:<atlmh1$57o$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>...
> Aaron K. Johnson <akjmicro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Some of the threads in this newsgroup seem to indicate 'lisp envy' or guilt
> > (i.e. the macro discussion). I say Python has its own amazing virtues. Are all
> > these kowtows to Lisp justified? (If you ask me, looking at Python's syntax and
> > Libraries should make Lispers kowtow to Python).

I had a friend at my last job was a common lisp and emacs fanatic.

Lisp was/is a very good language.  I saw that with the things he
showed me.

However, extremely, few......very few people use lisp.

OTOH, python is growing, which makes it easier to make money with it
as well as doing good things for people for free with it.

That settles it for me.

Steve