grandparents who raped and pillaged

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Dec 17 12:03:58 EST 2002

sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> > Laura Creighton wrote:
> > >
> > > Correct, but we went from Lawless, to Law imposed by the English, as
> > > occupiers.  In our area of Scotland, at any rate, the Scottish Law
> > > you mention was only for deals within the Scottish Noble classes
> > > (we didn't have any merchants, as far as my grandfather was able
> > > to research).  But the Lairds ruled their clansmen as absolute
> > > despots in our area of the world.  Reading about it makes me think
> > > that my ancestors resembled a motorcycle gang of roving arsonists,
> > > robbers, and rapists rather than the picturesque laddies in
> > > kilts ...
> >
> > Welcome to the club.  In my case, replace the motorcycles with
> > cute little ships with dragon heads on the front, stick a pair
> > of horns on our helmets, and you've got the picture right. :-)
> >
> > -looking-on-others-with-dis-dane-ly yr's,
> >  Peter
>
> Cool, so the pillaging game really is a global thing.
> Change the kilts/motorcycles or horns/dragonboats for
> horses and feathers/braids in our case.

Hey, go with what works, right?

These days, I think maybe it's the Walkman(tm)/Hummer(tm) combination
that works best...

-Peter

Disclaimer: This message makes reference to trademarks that are the property
of other companies.  References are used only to refer to the products and/or
services of the trademark owners.