Working on a python tutorial...comments desired

Alex K. Angelopoulos aka at mvps.org
Wed Dec 18 06:02:35 EST 2002

Two opinions after looking at this, and comparing it to the current tutorial
online.

1. Your approach is much more simplistic and action-oriented than the tutorial
now at python.org.  This is good; if I had something like this when I first
started playing with Python, I would probably have gotten the concept much
faster.

2. The tutorials online have an approach that I find useful now, and are very
good conceptually.  This means modifying those as your starting point would not
only be very cumbersome for you to do, but it would also "damage" some of the
value they have.

In summary, it looks like writing a tutorial in your own style could produce a
very useful document.  With your approach, the real test is not whether current
Python users find it useful but whether the people who don't use it yet will
find it useful.  If you want to start notifying people as you write it to get
feedback, count me in.

--

news:qwoK9.3515$j_4.397575 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...