ZODB on MacOSX

Lee Phillips lee at leeHYPHENphillips.org.invalid
Fri Dec 6 17:42:07 EST 2002

I compiled a couple of stable versions of the ZODB (Zope object database)
on a Mac running OS X 10.2.1 with the python 2.2 included by Apple. They
(Standalone 1.0 and ZODB3-3.1) compiled with numerous warnings, and running
the test.py gave me a bus error for both. I found a mailinglist archive
wherein someone said that reverting to python 2.1 worked for him, but I'm
not interested in doing that. Can anyone suggest how to get this working,
or suggest a different object persistence tool? I could just pickle my
data, but I'd rather use something like ZODB that might scale better.