C source viewer/mapper?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Mon Dec 23 11:52:00 EST 2002

Simon Burton wrote:

[snip]

I'd like to suggest that your header/interface parser generate XML that
describes the interface.  If you do that, others can write processors that
transform the XML for different purposes, generate wrappers, generate
documentation, perform code analysis, etc.  And, best of all, these tools
(for transformation, analysis, etc) could be written in Python. By
generating XML, you are in effect making the output of your parser public.

You may want to look at the following for inspiration:

  - SWIG generates XML if you use the "-xml" option.

  - http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~fonseca/idl/

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman