python is growing bigger and bigger!

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 16 10:06:30 EST 2002

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> >
> > > i'd like to use python as a toolkit. but from version 1.52 to 2.22, it
> > > has become much bigger.
> >
> > In what way?  The binaries are bigger, the library is bigger?
>
> you're part of the python-dev team, so you should know the
> answer to that: yes and yes.

Yes, I know that, but I don't know which of these (if either) the OP
was worried about.

He might also have been worried about a more abstract "growth" in
syntax and mindspace for all I know.  But seeing as he posted a badly
laid out all lowercase gripe and hasn't been seen since, I don't
really care.

Cheers,
M.

--
  In short, just business as usual in the wacky world of floating
  point <wink>.                        -- Tim Peters, comp.lang.python