Python as a substitute of VBA?

Jordi jordi_yc at lycos.es
Sun Dec 22 14:32:19 EST 2002

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

>Jordi fed this fish to the penguins on Friday 20 December 2002 01:16 pm:
>

>        I was looking at it from the viewpoint that putting as much as
>possible into T-SQL (in particular, as SQL Server "stored procedures")
>you reduce the porting problem -- VB(A) and Python would be working
>against the very same stored procedures; the only VB(A) or Python
>specific logic would be that involved with the GUI presentation. It
>also means a minor change in some data related function would be
>transparent to both implementations

I understand your viewpoint, but it seems to me that implementing logic
or functions in store procedures for the business logic is not as easy
as it could be written with python. However, after your replies I may
look into creating our framework with Zope / python scripts. Then, Ms
Access could interface with the "framework" via HTTP or XML-RPC, but
that is another issue.

Thanks everyone.