quiz about symbolic manipulation

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Sun Dec 15 15:48:25 EST 2002

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote in message news:<atdsjv$cka$0 at 216.39.172.122>...
> If you can assume no terms containing
> nested commas (probably reasonable for math expressions) then it shouldn't be
> too hard. But much beyond that and you may want to use the Python parser
> after all ;-)

Unfortunately, I cannot assume that. That's the reason why
I said one needs the parser or compile module.

Anyway, I learn always a lot by reading your code, for instance
I didn't realize .join() works on iterators, not I was familiar with
other neat tricks of which ISTM you have an illimited provision... ;-)
Bye,

            Michele