OT: grandparents who raped and pillaged

Ben Wolfson wolfson at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 17 20:48:08 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:52:30 -0500, Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters
<mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:

>The figures I remember suggested that EVERY person of European descent
>has as an ancester EVERY European (with a surviving line) who was alive
>in 1200 A.D.

It was more like everyone of European descent can trace their ancestry back
to the same people if you go far enough, but it doesn't work the same way
for descendants in the future, because some families die out.  Or something
like that.  I located the link but haven't bothered to re-read the article,
preferring to post nonsense to usenet before checking my facts.

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/05/olson.htm

--
You're going to set me up as a kind of slovenly attached pig that
Jack Kornfeld can slice down in his violent zen compassion?