Unsung Python modules

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Mon Dec 23 18:04:53 EST 2002

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> amk wrote:
> > * PyQt/PyKDE, which doesn't seem to get much respect in the KDE
> >   community.  (Maybe my perception is wrong?)
> >

> last I looked, pyKDE was still in the 1.x KDE days when KDE is about to
> enter 3.0.

Exactly how long has it been since you've checked in on PyKDE/PyQt? PyQt
tracks Qt releases extremely closely. PyKDE has had a 3.0 release for quite
some time now (months). Before that, 2.x had been supported for quite a
while. The author has said that he will release a 3.1-compatible version as
soon as it is actually released (some time early in 2003 after the security
audit is complete).

KDE itself has been in 3.0 since April 3rd, 2002. PyKDE was tracking 3.0 when
it was still in beta (ie. the first 3.0-compatible PyKDE was made in March
2002)

PyQt and PyKDE rock - and it really is a shame that the KDE community seem to
ignore them.

    Richard