opening a text document to show a .txt file through a browser link

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Dec 30 18:57:50 EST 2002

Nico Schuyt wrote:

> My statement was "A HTML page is a set of command lines. When sent to
> the
> interpreter, the browser, the result is shown on the screen."

But one could make the same claim of plain text file.

> I admit I don't define HTML as a programming language. But it's a
> matter of
> definition. In a DOS batch file you can't make loops but it comes
> pretty
> close to programming.

I haven't used DOS batch files in a decade or so, but certainly you
could define labels and jump to them, so you can certainly do iteration
in batch files.  It was obnoxious and horrible, but it could be done.

/  \ Life is a predicament which precedes death.
\__/ Henry James
    Bosskey.net: Return to Wolfenstein / http://www.bosskey.net/rtcw/
 A personal guide to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.