How to run programs using pygame inside python's IDE

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 5 08:00:34 EST 2002

<a> writes:

> Everytime I run it inside the IDE, it freezes but runs fine under
> dos window

By IDE, do you mean IDLE?

There are often problems running two programs, both of which want to
control the event loop.

You might be able to run SDLs event loop via a Tk filehandler or
something.  Or on Windows, you may be able to use threads somehow.
Can't give specific advice, sorry.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I'm not sure that the ability to create routing diagrams
  similar to pretzels with mad cow disease is actually a