Distutils help

Fabrizio facelle at libero.it
Sat Dec 7 12:25:38 EST 2002

Hi,

I want to use distutils to create a windows installer for a python script.
The python program uses a large number of .jpg images which are into an
'images' directory.

How can I write a distutils setup file to add the 'images' directory with
all its contents to the distribution ?

I guess I have to use the "data_files" option; but how can I use it so as to
avoid listing all the files in the directory, one by one ?

e.g.
data_files=[('images',['images/image1.jpg', 'images/image2.jpg',
'images/image3.jpg'])]

is not workable if the image files are a lot !

I use Python 2.1.1 on Windows98.

TIA

Fabrizio