Another question about extending Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Dec 14 19:39:39 EST 2002

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> Ah, I see. Such a thing was never requested, and it would have an
> unacceptable performance cost. Instead, Python allows you to redefine
> the memory allocation macros to something else: defining
> PyMEM_MALLOC/REALLOC/FREE, you can replace all allocation functions,
> at compile time.

Ah, okay.  As long as there's some mechanism available, that should be
acceptable.  I was just making a general comment about library design,
and admittedly know very little about Python's embedding facilities.

/  \ Laughter is the only genuine form of applause.
\__/ Camden Benares
    CAGE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/cage/
 A cellular automaton simulation system in Python.