Wet Dream--python to native compiler

Andreas Ulbrich ulbi at ivs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 12 06:23:31 EST 2002

Aaron K. Johnson wrote:
> Has anyone used Psycho or Pyrex enough to critique/recommend it?
>
> What are the technical reasons for the difficulty of having a native code
> compiler similar to what certain implementations of Lisp enjoy?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron.

I use pyrex a lot for extending and especially embedding. It's great and
it's ease to use.

I do run a couple of regex over the generated header files to avoid
warnings when compiling against our C++ application, but one doesn't
need to do this.

The generated C code contains a couple of unused labels and variables
that produce warnings when compiled, though. But that's not really a
problem.

As I said: It's great.