Threading module bug?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu Dec 19 05:52:51 EST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Nadav Horesh wrote:

> I have problem with "pydoc -g" and MayaVi applications crashing with
> segmentation fault.
> System: RH 8.0, gcc  3.2.1, python 2.2.2
>
> Tracing the pydoc.cli() function I reached threading.py to the class
> "Condition" which raise the exception AttributeError on every asignment
> statment (for example in lines 152 and 160). All these exeptions
> are intentionaly ignored with:
>
>  except AttributeError:
>      pass
>
> but eventually the python machine halts with segmentation fault shortly
> afterward.
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry, the only suggestion I have is to reduce the problem to the smallest
example you can that triggers the problem and then post a bug report on
the Python bug tracker at Sourceforge.

Trying a recent CVS checkout of pre-2.3 CVS Python and testing a DEBUG
build might give you some clues (the debug build turns on memory
allocation debugging capability in PyMalloc).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia