2.2.x backports of 2.3.x new features?

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Tue Dec 10 16:20:20 EST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 6:32 am, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Looking through the What's New in 2.3 document, there's a number of
> modules which seem like they could be readily back-ported to 2.2.x (the
> "stable target" for Python).

It's not entirely clear from your post, but I get the impression you're
advocating that the modules be included in the 2.2.3+ distributions of
python. As I understand the maintenance release rules, that's never going to
happen. The maintenance releases don't include new features, ever(*).

     Richard

*: unless they do <wink> (2.2.2 included a "feature update" version of the
email package, 'with special dispensation from the "bugfixes only" rule')