Boa Constructor under Linux... How to make it work?

Jean-Luc Bedwani jbedwani at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 13 00:02:38 EST 2002

Hi, I am using Boa under windows since a while and does work pretty well.
Now I am trying to have it work under Linux.

My Linux setup is as follow:

Redhat 8.0
Python 2.2.2
wxPython(GTK) 3.3.1
Boa Constructor from CVS (0.1.4)

When running the application Boa as well as with the Demo of wxPython I got
the following warning message:

wxWindows warning: Widget styles disabled due to buggy GTK theme.

Then when running, most of the text fields in the application shown squares
instead of characters. This cause the Boa tool to be useless since this
affects the source code display...

If there is anybody who has been able to solve this problem or has used Boa
under Linux I wish to hear from them. I would like to know what setup you
have used and  how you installed it.

Jean-Luc Bedwani