Working on a python tutorial...comments desired

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 14 03:38:40 EST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Tyler Eaves wrote:

> I've started working on what will (with luck) be an extensive python
> turorial. I'm writing in a book type format, although I plan to offer it
> for free online. What I need help with is in determining what people would
> like to see in it. I'm aiming this tutorial at beginning to intermediate
> users. Right now the plan is to focus on 'getting stuff done' as opposed to
> the finer points of OO. I'd also love feedback on formatting and what not.

Hmmm...  there is already a Python Tutorial online at www.python.org.

In what ways is it deficient to the point of you writing another Tutorial?

What I'm leading up to is, taking into account your proposal to release
your work for free perhaps it might be more beneficial to the Python
community for you to put your energy into expanding and extending the
existing Tutorial?

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia