Python vs Java garbage collection?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Dec 23 02:05:57 EST 2002

Isaac To wrote:

> Hm... what if by that time I have already switched to a completely
> different
> language?

What does that have to do with anything?  Maybe the world will end
tomorrow.  So what?

> Okay, if you want to say it's broken, that's up to you, but then the
> code of
> everybody tends to be "broken" anyway.

It's broken in that it may exhibit unexpected, pathological, and awful
behavior on other Python interpreters.  Python is a language; CPython
(and Jython) are particular implementations.  Write to the language, not
a particular implementation.

/  \ Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.
\__/ Groucho Marx
    CAGE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/cage/
 A cellular automaton simulation system in Python.