Python/Jython, CORBA, OmniORB, Blackdown

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Dec 7 03:31:13 EST 2002

Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> writes:

> java.lang.SecurityException: java.lang.SecurityException:
> ORBSingleton: access denied
>
> Can what I'm trying to do be done?  Of so, how?

Apparently, this exception is poorly worded. In Java, certain
operations are not allowed on the "singleton orb"; string to object is
one of them. The first call to ORB.init must pass argv and properties
to ORB.init; this will create a fully-functional singleton ORB. Later
calls to ORB.init don't need any parameters; they will receive the
existing singleton ORB.

See

http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/people/slawek/others/problems.html

Regards,