Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 10:01:43 EST 2002

Anders J. Munch wrote:
> "Kenny Tilton" <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>The bottom line is that no regular Lisper is bothered by parens [...]
>

> Or to put it another way, noone who is bothered by parens becomes a
> regular Lisper.

Cute, but I will go out on a limb and say no one who tried Lisp and
liked it was driven away by parens. Like I said, parens make editing
much easier and more powerful, so it is not just that they are
tolerable, after a while one does not want to edit without them.

otoh, I have heard of people who tried Lisp and did not get turned on by
it. Nothing wrong with that, tastes differ.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc