.pyd not found when I compile and execute debug.

spambegone at sbcglobal.net spambegone at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 22 00:04:24 EST 2002

Python version 2.2.2

I am using MSVC 7.0 (aka .NET).

I have a folder <python>\lib\site-packages\cg

in that folder I have a file __init__.py, and a file cgp.pyd.

__init.py__:
<snip>

	# import cgp.pyd
	import cgp

<end snip>

when I compile release, link cgp.pyd to python22.lib and run
<python>\PCbuild\python.exe, cgp initializes w/o any problem.

whwn I compile debug, link cgp.pyd to python_d.lib and run
<python>\PCbuild\python_d.exe, I get the following:

ImportError: No module named cgp

I've been beating my head against this for a while, and I wonder if
I'm missing something obvious.

Dennis