PEP 303: Extend divmod() for Multiple Divisors

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Tue Dec 31 14:54:11 EST 2002

> From: Thomas Bellman [mailto:bellman at lysator.liu.se]
>
> Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>
> > I like it; it looks like a straight-forward extension to me (although
> > the description is confusing to read
[...]
> I was hoping that the reason for the order of the divisors
> was made clear in the Rationale section.  Basically, the order just
> *felt* right when using it.  divmod(seconds, 7, 24, 60, 60)
> came more naturaly to me than divmod(seconds, 60, 60, 24, 7).

I'm having problems understanding the description too... Maybe you could explore _why_ it feels right to you -- as it stands I'd probably have to look up the order every time I wanted to use it...

-- bjorn