Port wxPython GUI interface to Apache

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Dec 30 21:04:36 EST 2002

Reid Lai wrote:

> Is there anyone who can give me some hints about my question?  Is it
> possible that I can transform my python programs (with wxPython
> components) to Apache under RedHat without modification?  If so, what
> kind of plug-in should I install (mod_python has been installed in my
> Apache server) and how?  Thanks for your comment.

If I understand what you're asking, it seems you want to take
a program written around the event-driven architecture of a typical
GUI, and convert it to the somewhat limited client-server architecture
of a web application using, what, maybe standard HTML forms?

It's not very likely there exists a tool to do this "without
modification" of your code.  It's even quite likely that doing
so is an impossibility, or at least very impractical.

Maybe a little more background on the nature of the application
itself would shed a little light and open up some opportunities.

-Peter