Windows Explorer Context Menu

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Mon Dec 16 10:38:56 EST 2002

ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com (R.Marquez) writes:

> Nicodemus,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  However, what I need is a way to pass _all_
> selected items from Windows Explorer to my program, not just one.  It
> seems that there is no easy way to do this.  Think of how, for
> example, Winzip dos it.  You select all the files you want it to
> archive, right click, select the Winzip option, and it does it.  This
> tells me that it is doable, but can it be done with Python?  If so,
> how?

This involves shell programming and as far as I know you can't make an
all python solution at this time. Get yourself a book on shell
programming f.eks. from Wrox, and see how you can do it with C/C++. I
know that win32all has some support for shell programming but I don't
think it is enough to write a shell extension.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad