distutils enhancement proposal (dep)

JB jblazi at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 14 08:17:11 EST 2002

It would be nice if distutils allowed for choosing the right
compiler (gcc or g++) or at least if it would reckognize
cpp source files and linked the standard C++ library.

Then Pearu's hack would not be necessary.

(By the way: Can somebody explains, how this is possible: I
received a very good response to my posting "Further
linking problems..." but I can see this only from Outlook,
I cannot se it on my Linux machine (and so I only read it
by coincidence). How is this possible? I use the same news
servers, of course.)

Anyway, thank you very much, Pearu, your suggestion works
very well (at the moment).
--
Janos Blazi