Extension with MinGW

Anton Vredegoor anton at vredegoor.doge.nl
Thu Dec 5 14:21:29 EST 2002

On 3 Dec 2002 10:22:29 -0800, andrew.gregory at npl.co.uk (Andrew
Gregory) wrote:

>File _pysimple.def is
>LIBRARY _pysimple.pyd
>EXPORTS
>init_pysimple
>

>I didn't load any patches (used gcc 3.2). It works ok with Borland
>5.5.
>Any ideas?

Borland does something with the underscores. The .def file can be used
to remove this. I notice that your filenames have underscores too, are
you mixing two kinds of black magic? :-) Did you use exactly this .def
file for Borland *and* Mingw? If not I'd like to see the Borland .def.
If yes I'd like to see the wrapper.

My compilation skills have become a bit rusty since setup.py makes
compiling extensions so easy, so take my comments with a grain of
salt. I am preparing to reestablish the functionality however because
I want to compile wscite and cygwins gcc won't do it. So I am going to
download a recent mingw anyway. If your problem isn't solved by then
I'll have a go at it when I have it installed again.

Regards,
		Anton.