Python vs Java garbage collection?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Dec 23 17:36:47 EST 2002

Brian Quinlan wrote:

> So why would I worry about an entirely theoretical point while I code?

Sigh.  It's theoretical that CPython's finalization behavior could
change.  It's _not_ theoretical that Jython does not have the same
finalization behavior.  If you're concerned about portability between
CPython and Jython, then the difference in finalization is far from a
theoretical issue.

/  \ If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.
\__/ Baba Ram Dass
    Bosskey.net: Return to Wolfenstein / http://www.bosskey.net/rtcw/
 A personal guide to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.