opening a text document to show a .txt file through abrowserlink

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 31 17:15:30 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 14:06, Brian Quinlan wrote:
> > > Write an HTML program that computes the square of a number that it
> > > receives as input.
> >
> > Do the same with a bash shell script.  Then explain to me how the
> dozens
> > of system maintenence scripts I have on my system aren't programs.
>
> let z=$1*$1
> echo "The square of $1 is $z"

Okay, foot eaten ;)  I was thinking of "expr" which, IIRC, was the
typical way of doing it some time ago.  I should have specified sh
instead of bash, which I don't believe (but don't have around to test)
has arithmetic operators.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)