PyXML unable to make_parser twice

Mr Man the_mr_man26 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 04:54:59 EST 2002

> > I installed the 4Suite package (this is where PyExpat is isn't it?)
> > from source but it didn't have any effect.  What do I need to do to
> > ensure that PyExpat is installed correctly?
>
> Build PyXML from source; xml.parsers.expat comes with PyXML (and also
> with Python proper).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Thanks Martin - that fixed it.  I had originally installed it from
source, but that didn't work (different problem) - so I installed it
from rpm, and then got the problem I reported.  Re-installing
everything from source again did the trick though.

One thing to note though - I had to symlink
/usr/lib/python2.1/site-services/_xmlplus to /usr/lib/python2.1/xml to
get it to work.

Thanks
Paul..