Tkinter: Background image for a window

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Dec 20 14:05:55 EST 2002

In article <oc2mvu0hgntqapohh8g9lk7gr5re91avm3 at 4ax.com>,
TixXio  <webmasterSPAM at NOtizioandcaio.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I started writing down with python (just for fun) about a month ago.
>I'd like to improve a GUI i made with tkinter adding a background
>image in the main window.
			.
			.
			.
Perhaps the most straightforward way is to make a toplevel
canvas which shows the image you want as background, then
arrange your existing main window on the canvas.

What does it mean for you to have "a background image"?
Do you expect parts of your main window to be transparent
...?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net