Problems with Python 2.2.2 install on Linux

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Thu Dec 19 15:10:13 EST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:47:49 -0800, Sheila King <usenet at thinkspot.net>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article <atqtum.180.1 at kserver.org>:

> OK, I decided to try and install Python from source on Linux again. (This
> would be the third or fourth time in two years.)
>
> Each time it is a struggle for me, because something is just a teensy bit
> different in the install process, and I just don't usually do this type of
> stuff. Last time I installed Python was 2.0.

Well, I have gotten it to install.

I chose to install without shared library support. Still curious as to the
reasons behind it.

Final results, for this round:

174 tests OK.
1 test failed:
    test_largefile
18 tests skipped:
    test_al test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dl test_email_codecs
    test_gl test_imgfile test_linuxaudiodev test_minidom test_nis
    test_pyexpat test_sax test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
    test_sunaudiodev test_winreg test_winsound
4 skips unexpected on linux2:
    test_minidom test_linuxaudiodev test_pyexpat test_sax
make: *** [test] Error 1

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/