Synopsis: installation problem.

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue Dec 3 11:02:23 EST 2002

I'm trying to install Synopsis <URL http://synopsis.sourceforge.net/>

I have got configure and make to run happily, but make install barfs:

  Error: Unable to find C++ in:
  <module 'Synopsis.Parser' from '../../Synopsis/Parser/__init__.pyc'>
  Error: Importing 'Synopsis.Parser.C++'

Initial investigation suggests that this is related to the C++ parsing
module being called C++ (which doesn't work too well in an import
statement, and seems to be reflected by the fact that various
configuration scripts make the effort to refer to it as CXX instead),
but I can't be sure, as I'm finding some of the organization in there
a little mysterious so far.

Just wondering whether anyone has had a similar experience and found a
solution ... before I waste too much time on tracking it down myself.