questions about scope/threading

maney at pobox.com maney at pobox.com
Sun Dec 1 15:19:13 EST 2002

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> gc was just an example.  Try playing with sys._getframe() for another
> example.  The point is that *ALL* Python objects are by definition bound;
> if they're not bound, the refcount is zero and the object is deleted.

I no longer recall exactly what the original context was, and don't
feel it's worth rummaging about on g's groups to find it.  Maybe the
root of it was that you use 'bound' (here, anyway) in a sense that I
wouldn't: that's 'referenced', which includes bound as a distinct subset.
Have I picked up a not so common distinction somewhere along the way?