PyQt 3.5 bug?

Jim Becker jimb417 at totalspeed.net
Fri Dec 20 00:01:12 EST 2002

Hello all,

I'm having trouble running programs with PyQt 3.5. I compile this and SIP 3.5.
Regardless of which program I run, the following error message appears:

[ jim at localhost PyQt ]$ python hello.py

Traceback( most recent call last ):
        File "hello.py", line 1, in ?
                from qt import *

ImportError File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py, line 39, in ?
        import libqtc

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
        undefined symbol: _ZNK16QAssistantClient9classNameEv

I ran c++filt on the symbol and it produced this output:

QAssistantClient :: className() const

Is anyone also having this problem? I'm using Python 2.2.2, PyQt 3.5, SIP 3.5,
and Qt 3.1 compiled with g++ 3.2 on Linux Mandrake 9.0 and KDE 3.0.3. I sent an
email to Phil Thompson at Riverbank Computing, but have not heard from him.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

Jim

--
Registered Linux User #269187
http://counter.li.org