License question

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sat Dec 21 23:07:01 EST 2002

iusty at k1024.org (Iustin Pop) wrote previously:
|I'm writing an extension module for Python and, in the ideea that
|I'd like it included in the main python tree in the far future,
|I have a few questions I hope others may know the answer:
|  - what license should I release it under?
|  - choosing sourceforge for hosting is ok?

I'd spend a lot more time worrying about making something that is of
high quality and wide interest before worrying about the license.  It's
not a simple matter to add a module to the standard Python
distribution--it needs a lot of enthusiastic users first, and a clear
ecological niche that isn't fulfilled by other modules.  Plus Guido has
to like it.

--
mertz@  | The specter of free information is haunting the `Net!  All the
gnosis  | powers of IP- and crypto-tyranny have entered into an unholy