speeding up help.. probably deepcopy()...

eugene kim eugene1977 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 04:37:19 EST 2002

Thank you..
I read google uses bits to compactly represent data..
I got the general idea.
i'll try it soon.(after final=))

by the way,
i've always thought AI will be tightly related to representing knowledge in
object(structured data) and relationship for the objects.
and I'm kinda shocked by the performance i got using object for 'balls'
to solve the problem.

'is our computing power is too behind for AI?' comes to my mind.
just a thought

thank you again

ps. the code might have a serious logic problem.
i checked the solution set.

since there are two symmetrical starting move and the code looks for all
possible solutions
i expected to see the same number of results for each starting move
but it isn't
maybe that's why it's taking so long time.

I tried to check if all the answers are unique with storing the answers in
dictionary.
but dictionary wouldn't take list object as key.
(hmm, maybe i should try to make tuple instead of list and store the tuple)