HELP! Must choose language!

Simon Wittber (Maptek) Simon.Wittber at perth.maptek.com.au
Mon Dec 30 22:51:01 EST 2002

>>Learn Python first, then learn Scheme, Prolog, PDP-11 assembler,
>>Fortran, Java, C.  I suppose you can through in C++ if required...
>
>Would you like to argue that order?  I think assembler should be taught
right after learning about gates.  Get a taste of it and then jump
>right to Python.
>
>I'm even hoping to teach a class that way...

I agree. I personally learned logic gates, then assembly simultaneously
with C at TAFE (Trade college in Australia). To me this was a killer
combination. I found my comp sci uni degree rather easy,  and I believe
I came out a much better programmer because of my early low-level
programming education.