Python's popularity statistics

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Dec 12 08:30:33 EST 2002

In article <at93gh$o5r$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu>,
Carl Banks  <imbosol at vt.edu> wrote:
>Ian Bicking wrote:
>> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 19:24, Mike Dean wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>> What questions are there about C that haven't been answered in
>> innumerable books and online sources?  It's a fully matured language,
>> and very boring to talk about.
			.
			.
			.
>(And, in all fairness, there is a recently approved C 2000 spec that's
>kind of new and unusual.)
>

>ok-I-might-be-exaggerating-the-percentages-a-little-ly yr's
			.
			.
			.
The percentages look right to me.

Serious answer:  the 2000 specification indeed deserves
discussion.  New compiler directives are interesting,
particularly in a world making a transition to 64 bit
(and perhaps EPIC).  There are live questions about
memory allocation, concurrency methods, and linking
practices that *I* think aren't settled yet.

These rarely appear in comp.lang.c, though.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net