Python as a substitute of VBA?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Dec 20 14:01:10 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1040396247.28545.python-list at python.org>,
Jordi  <jordi_yc at lycos.es> wrote:
>Teemu Yli-Elsilä wrote:
>
>>You said "portable". Are you creating an app that uses Access as a GUI,
>>or e.g. a web application?
>>

>Yes, I am developing an application that uses Access as a GUI using a
>Microsoft SQL backend (linked tables). The idea is to move towards a
>system that will allow us to reuse the code and web enable part of the
>systems (probably with Zope)

It's good you say that; to my ears, at least, it
makes a different impression than your first post
which focused on Access and VBA.  The answer is,
I think, "Yes", even more so.  You're working
against an SQL Server instance?  Not only can you
reasonably develop a GUI for that using Zope, you
are free to choose to host Zope on the same machine
as handles SQL Server, or a different one.

You should expect to be successful at reusing your
current work, while enhancing the portability of
the front end.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net