API v2.0 Database Adapters

Billy G. Allie bga at mug.org
Mon Dec 16 23:51:42 EST 2002

Ben Leslie wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Ken Godee wrote:
>
> > I'm using postgres and just wanted to know if
> > anyone had any thoughts about the database
> > adapters that are available. Info seems pretty
> > slim.
> > Right now "psycopg" is heading up my list
> > as my favorite.
>

> I'll throw my support behind psycopg. I've been using
> it in production for about 6 months and have been
> fairly happy with it.
>
> (And the next version supports postgres's NOTIFY command,
> which I'm happy about.)
>
> Benno

Personally, I prefer pyPgSQL (but I might be a little biased).

Support for postgresql's NOTIFY command has been available in pyPgSQL (at the
libpq module level) since the beginning (approximatel June 2001).  The files,
demo2a.py and demo2b.py in the examples directory show how it can be used.

Information on pyPgSQL can be found at http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/

____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie at mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | MSN.......: B_G_Allie at email.msn.com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126|