distutils and data_files (many files and directories)

Lee Harr missive at frontiernet.net
Mon Dec 9 00:26:25 EST 2002

I am new to distutils, so maybe I am missing something...

If I want to distribute a directory full of data with my
module (images, and directories full of images, mostly)
do I need to specify each directory and image to distutils
with the

setup(...
         data_files=[('bitmaps', ['bm/b1.gif', 'bm/b2.gif']),
                       ('config', ['cfg/data.cfg'])]
)

format, or is there some shortcut which says: "everything in
this directory is data, include it all in the distribution"?