Anyone seen a Javascript interpreter in Python?

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Tue Dec 10 12:30:51 EST 2002

holger krekel wrote:

>There would probably only be a small user base but i would
>be among them, i guess :-)  For me it's just to tiresome when
>switching often from python server code to client javascript code.
>
>And for pythonistas it's still immediately recognizable as
>javascript because of "this", "var" and other oddities :-)

"this" of course is just another name for "self" but in a global
setting.  Actually it was this syntax that allowed the XUL bindings to
work.  "this" was the root application window or document.  You end up
doing something like

exec java_script_function in {"this": self}

Which is pretty cool.

Brian Kelley                                  bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research   617 258-6191