The Interactive Startup File

BrandonRC b.clausing at attbi.com
Wed Dec 18 01:27:27 EST 2002

I'm having trouble getting the Interactive Startup File to work.  I'm
working with Python version 2.2 on a WinNT 2000 machine.

>From the Tutorial:
"When you use Python interactively, it is frequently handy to have some
standard commands executed every time the interpreter is started."
This is exactly what I'm trying to do.

According to the Tutorial, one must create an environment variable named
PYTHONSTARTUP that points to the .py file that contains all the start-up
code you would like to have run when the Interactive window is launched.

I have setup the environ var and the .py file.  When I open the Interactive
window, my startup.py file is ignored.

How do I get my startup commands to be executed whenever I start the
interpreter?

Brandon