Psyco problem...

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Tue Dec 17 19:48:43 EST 2002

Your Psyco is compiled for a "wide unicode" build, but your Python has
"narrow unicode". (16bit(2 byte) vs 32bit (4 byte) for each unicode
"character")

You'll have to recompile one or the other.

However, if you started with "python2.2 setup.py" I'm not sure how you
could have gotten yourself in this problem.  If you started with somebody
else's build of psyco (on a "narrow" system) then this could easily happen.

I think redhat is nearly unique in actually *using* the wide build.  ICBW.

Jeff