Un, don't forget the other shelve problem....

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Fri Dec 27 15:22:24 EST 2002

> From: Tim Churches [mailto:tchur at optushome.com.au]
[...]
> Don't get stung by some other unexpected behaviour of shelve
> - see
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-May/102625.html
>
> Both problems really should be fixed by the Python maintainers,
> the first by upgrading to a more recent release of BsdDb in the
> standard distribution, the second by incorporating Alex
> Martelli's patch or similar.

[...]

I'm not good at channeling Guido, but I don't think he's ever accepted a
patch that changes behavior based on a flag. So I'm assuming someone
needs to come up with the "or similar" patch <wink>... (extra points for
making shelve safe for multiple writers ;-)

-- bjorn