Apology

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 12:57:51 EST 2002

On 16-Feb-02 13:13:54 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:45:42 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>>On 12-Feb-02 10:46:49 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>>>At least his code is all neatly lined up!
>>
>>Chris's comprehension level is greatly lacking and you've shown your
>>superiority attitude.
>>
>>Ten years???? it was Feburary 1988 when I identified the nine commands.

>14 years then. You do realise, that makes you look even worse.

>>I never claimed to be a programmer

>14 years is plenty of time to lesarn, if you want to.

>>and never wanted to make the VIC but
>>rather someone to use it.

>This implies you'd rather someone else coded it...

>>But I also don't, and never will want to be
>>abused by any programmer wanting to take credit and property rights to the
>>VIC.

>...but if they do, you want to take the credit and copyright for their
>code.

>>The computer industry has alot of ethical problems in this area of taking
>>everything the can from the users, from their ideas, to their debugging
>>efforts (feedback), to their money in payment for what came from them, and
>>now rental....and always it is never quite right but lacking always... for
>>upgrading recycling of consumer entrapment abuse.

>If you refer to Microsoft, I agree. But free software / open source *isn't*
>like that, in fact it is deliberately in opposition to that sort of thing.

>>It's good to know that such practice is going to soon come to an end.

>Because of VIC? Or because of something else?

You have made it perfectly clear that you do not like me or this project
and that you will even commit acts of deception in your taking out of
context things I have said and in the wrongful insinuations you make.

It's an open project Phil, under the GPL (and I reserve the right to
change that to a more secure license should there be found a weakness in
the GPL - Lawrence Lessig seems to be now going in a direction in
consideration of what I've said regarding a fundamental change in
intellectual property laws, and this includes Copyrights, in the
"Creative Commons"
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2002/11/creatcom.DTL
soooo there will be plenty of choices.) And if that ain'tr enough:
http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20020208S0079

I have already stated that I believe in giving credit where it is
deserved and more so than as it is explained in:
http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writtings/cathedral-bazaar where the lead of a
project gets more credit than they actually do, but from my stand
in that by using usenet and the unbiased date time stamped public
accessable archives it is possible to insure credit is given to where it
belongs, to those who openly help.

In the movie "The Matrix" (wonderful collection of metaphors) Neo goes
after Morpheus. Into a FEDERAL BUILDING... It's never been done before....
that's why it is going to work....

Usenet is that Federal Building Phil. Unbiased Date Time Stamped Public
Recorder enabler built by the federal government.

You want to contribute to this project and be assured you'll get credit
for it? Simple, post you work! International copyright law states that the
moment a work is published (Usenet counts) copyright law applies.

The 14 years you mentioned Phil, it doesn't make me look bad Phil, it
makes the computer industry look bad. How is it that such a collection and
integrated configuration of common functionality not have been recognized
and already done, unless the computer industry has gotten so detached from
genuine science? (most everyone knows it got very detached) And what was
it that cause it to become detached? Easy Money, all you have to do is be
dishonest, as Bill Gates said, "make people need you". And you do that by
not giving people the tools to allow them to do things for themselves, but
rather have them rely on, or need, you to do it for them (for a price, as
you have expressed here yourself.)

I took electronics in High School (early 70's when ICs began to really
filter into the market - But tube technology was still being taught) and I
aced it. Late 70's I took a "Minicomputer and Microprocessor technology"
course thru Capitol Radio Engineering Institute, where I aced thru as much
of the course [2/3] as I completed in a summer (before this world wide top
electronics corespondance school went belly up.) In 1990 I went back to
school [Dekalb Tech] to learn C programming, mainly for this project.
While working full time in a job that had nothing to do with computers or
programming. I made Deans List twice and it would have been 3 times
only that last term simply didn't have enough credit to qualify. I have a
4.0 in all computer electronic and programming courses I have ever taken.

But there seems to always be something missing from the needed resources
for me to do this project. Then it was the fact that I began to do it in
Minix but really wanted to do it on the Amiga, where the Amiga already
had a growing application, device, library list of things that had the
third user interface built in, as standard (The Application side door port
- or as I'm now calling it, the Automation Port Interface (API).)

OK so I learned C on a PC with all it single tasking junk. But wanted to
do the project on the multi-tasking Amiga, only that's a different beast
to write for and there ain't no school classes, only hard to use RKMs (ROM
Kernel Manuals) which I tried to use. I even tried to get a job in
programming, figuring it would help me to get and keep my mind geared in
the programmer mindset, only at that period of time we were dealing with
a recession and jobs were far fewer and employers where far more selective
knowing they could get greater experience and education for less money.
Certainly I made nobodies potential employees list, even in consideration
of grade and willingness to continue school. So I continued on working as
cabinet maker and due to lack of work got back involved in the Tradeshow
business of building booths. Not something that is supportive of the
programmers mindset. At some point in time while working as a cabinet
maker I set out to do some programming that would help the company
generate drawings and cut list, etc.. In the process I found a freely
available C library that could help me do this. In pursuing this library I
found it had been sold and some of it was being converted to assembly
while the rest of it was being rewritten and greatly improved and
enhanced. I had the opportunity to buy it before it was released at good
discount, so I did. The time went by and it wasn't released, more time and
still not released.... two years later I had to insist the company send me
a copy of the finally release version of what I had paid for, even though
I could not use it due to the system requirement to run the library having
changed to system upgrade I could not afford. Not to mention that the
project died a year earlier due to failure to deliver by the company by
set date.

There are alot of people in this world Phil, Not everyone can be a
programmer, or we'd all starve. But that doesn't mean that programmers
have a right to abuse the rest of us, treat us like coppertops, in not
doing their job to automate the things we need automated and most
certainly can be, in order to allow us to do alot more. And that includes
programming.

Programmers and in some cases even robotics (controlled by programming)
have taken jobs away from people. Sooooo What, people who lost their jobs
found other ones. And in the software industry, programmers changing jobs
is not uncommon. Sooooo What! that auto-coding would cause the elimination
of jobs. In fact another kind of "autocoding" is going on by programmers
that is resulting in the loss of jobs in the field of medicine. Medical
Transcription is being replaced by autocoding that is created by
programmers.

It's time for psuedo Programmrs to get in line for losing their jobs. I'm
not heartless, they will find other jobs (perhaps as automaters).
Heartless is promising something that will help and empower others to do
things for themselves but never really delivering. There is no obscene
enough language to describe some of the deceptitive actions that go on in
the computer industry, and we all know it's level of dishonesty is high,
thanks to cases like MS vs. DOJ. There even exist public record of such
statement as "sure we are greedy" by well known people in the computer
industry. There is public recoder of a great deal of dishoinesty and
deception in the computer industry.

It's really long past the time for this childish sandbox greed to stop.

There is more to this project than just the tool. The tool is really very
small and simple to all that is possible to convert, build and create for
and thru this tool. Consider a compiler, what good is it without all the
support libraries, such as even .net and C# are small in themselves but
limited without all the support stuff.

But the difference here with the VIC is that it opens the door up, takes
them off their hinges (blows the doors off the coders exclusive elitist
elevator), and allows alot more people to become involved, like typical
users even, or should I say the ones who need to and have a right to know
and do for themselves.

Phil, you think 14 years makes me look bad? But the truth is that you have
a really messed up bad attitude and intent (even regardless of how much
proof you have supplied to show that). What you should be seeing is that
I've given the computer industry 14 years to correct their crap. You
really should see and understand the last thing Neo Said in the Movie "The
Matrix". .

What good is it to the users/consumers if the industry holds control over
what the users/consumers can and can't do for themselves?

The VIC is a small tool, smaller than many shells. To have it put together
out in the openness of the automatic credit giving machinery of Usenet,
under the GPL side of the spectrum, with the help of those in the
industry...

Like I said before, there will never be enough programmers to do all the
things the users of computers want to and need to have done. But there is
the exact number of users of computers to do all the things the users of
computers want to and need to have done.

And to knock that psuedo pedistal out from under you Phil, you too, are a
user of computers. You are NOT Excluded!

How will I know that sandbox greed of the industry has come to it's end?

How do you suppose I can help it come to an end?

I've been telling people what you and those like you and follower of such,
do not want the people to hear, and after a decade there is some good
evidence I'm clearly being heard and even that people, the masses, are
ready for the greedy of the computer industry to be looking for another
job.

So stop being manipulatingly greedy, Phil. There is plenty for everyone to
do.

14 years ago I would have prefered to have been using the VIC to do the
things I wanted to do and to have been doing so all these years. But
that's just not the job I've been given in this matter, due to the greed
of the computer software industry.

If you want to be greedy Phil, to take that job away from me, then give me
the tool under the conditions of which I want it.

I am of the alpha and the omega, the great consumer, the first to consider,
the last to receive. And as the Consumer, I am always right in having the
right to become a producer. The Tool Phil, hand it over, all of it,
including the genuine "we all are in this together" heart felt support.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<