Time to rename Stackless?

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Tue Feb 26 06:48:17 EST 2002

Christopher Browne wrote:

> If it gets to the point of supporting billions of threads, it would
> _certainly_ make sense to call it "NanoThreading Python."  Or
> "NanoTech Python."  :-)

I doubt that we can easily have a million of threads, so
even the microthread name is a bit optimistic.
MilliThreading is more accurate. Esspecially since a
typical thread takes 1 MB of memory, and tasklets use
a thousandth of that.

> There have got to be some puns heading in the direction of "seriously
> stacked."  Hmm...

Ok, here what "Stackless" really means:
I didn't earn haystacks of money with it yet.
When that happens, I might rename it :)

Pythonlet -- yes, thousands of little snakelets
squirreling around me -- huh! I need a nap

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
      where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/