Compiling Python 2.2 in Microsoft VC7 (.net)

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Wed Feb 13 12:45:55 EST 2002

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Joe Shochet]
> > I'm trying to get Python 2.2 to compile in VC7 (part of Visual Studio
> > .net), but I'm running into all sorts of troubles. Before digging into
> > the problems, has anybody else already done this?
>
> David Ascher, at ActiveState, has, but it was "on his own time" so I don't
> know whether he'll be able to make time to talk about it.  I don't know of
> anyone else.

Someone more competent (Mark Hammond) fixed it in the tree:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/Modules/_hotshot.c?r1=1.14

An early version of the patch (may be the same thing he checked in) is
available at:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-February/086932.html

--david